Saturday, July 2, 2011

FREEBIE Beginning of the Year Games!

When school starts back and we have to so much to do -- like assess our kids -- these two games for basic letter and number recognition are perfect for your students.  The games are fun and easy enough for the kiddos to do independently while you are able to pull students for individual beginning of the year assessments.  The kids can change groups to get to know each other better and keep it fresh with a new partner.  Go to TeachersPayTeachers to download these games and directions for FREE!


Please let me know if you find these game useful or have any suggestions!  I've created games for every month of the year and I'll be posting them later.   Please FOLLOW ME so you don't miss them!  Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, I was just reading your post and noticed that Reading has 4's? I thought it might be an error. Sorry if its not! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan!
    I am glad you like the monkeys! I am already a faithful follower of you and enjoy your posts!!
    ~ Mrs. Mc
    Little Literacy Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cute games! Thanks so much for following me! I'm definitely going to be following your blog!

    http://day-in-first-grade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down Under Teacher....Since there were 7 spaces, and one die only goes to 6, I decided to double up on the 4's. In that game there are two 4's to be gotten. Hope that makes sense.

    Everyone -- I'm so glad you like them. They are fun to play.
    Also, I'm enjoying following you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower. TPT is being tempermental right now but I can't wait to download these freebies. Check out my free & follow me.
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a hard time on TPT too - but I can't wait to download it! The beginning of the year assessment time is SOOOO hard, so this is great! I think how to deal with first grade assessment time could be a link party all on its own! Haha!

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm a new follower of yours as well! :)

    Maureen
    Blue Hen Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this wonderful, wonderful resource! I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by at the Classic Crafter. I can't wait to see what else you share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the freebie! Too bad I don't teach the younger ones anymore. :( Glad you can use the freebies I posted! And thanks for following! I'll do the same!

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower..also in AL! Thanks for these!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started following your blog as well. Can't wait to try this activity.
    http://teacherblogstalker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete